I saw this idea on SugarDoodle. It is by a woman named McKay Harris.
This clock is so simple and inexpensive to make. It is a great Super Saturday or Enrichment Night Activity. From beginning to end, this clock only took me about 30 minutes to create.
18x18 inch tile (I found mine at Home Depot for $1.98)
clock works and hands (can be found at www.klockit.com - group orders get discounts)
vinyl (can be found at Say It On The Wall***)
ceramic tile glass drill bit (at least ½ inch in size)
***Group orders qualify for discounts! Email SayItOnTheWall before ordering for details.
1. Find the center of your tile.
2. Using the drill and ceramic tile drill bit, drill a hole into the center.
3. Wipe off all the ceramic powder with a damp cloth.
4. Make sure the tile is completely dry and apply your vinyl, making sure the dot at the center of the vinyl lines up with your hole in the tile. (Some find that spraying the tile with a clear coat finishing spray before applying the vinyl helps the vinyl to adhere better.)
5. Using the instructions provided with your clock works, attach the clockworks and hands to your tile.
6. Step back and admire your beautiful new clock!
You can also put vinyl quotes on tiles as well, which is very cute. Here is one I made at enrichment once.
Take Five Bars
23 hours ago