Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mother's Day Cards

Today I whipped out these two Mother's Day cards. I plan on making more, but here are the first two. They could easily be "Thinking of You" cards, or anything else. They just happen to say "Happy Mother's Day" on them. They would work nicely to be given in a set. If you can't tell in the pictures, the solid colored paper is dark purple. I love green & purple. So fun.

Both together:


The vertical one alone (my fave of the two):

On this card I just drew on the flower stems with a brown acid-free marker. I was debating whether or not to put buttons on the flowers, and my kids decided I should definitely go with the buttons. Being almost 4 years old they practically know everything now, so it's a good thing I followed their advice.

The horizontal one alone (not the best picture in the world, but it will have to do):



The flower embellishments on these cards are just flowers I cut out of the patterned paper. It's a nice little trick, because you save money on buying extra embellishments, and the flowers match perfectly!

* Oh, and the cards really are the same color, same papers, etc. The coloring is just way off in all the pictures. Imagine all the greens are the same.

No comments: