Saturday, October 18, 2008

Birthday Plaque


Another great find on another ward's Super Saturday table. I'm insane. It is a wooden plaque where you can hang the dates of peoples' birthdays. I thought it was cool.

1. Get a rectangular piece of wood. Paint it. Use vinyl or paint to write 'birthdays' on it.

2. Paint cute little circles to attach along the bottom representing the 12 months of the year. Attach with glue(?) Paint or vinyl on them the first letter of each month of the year.

3. Paint more cute circles representing family and friends' bdays. On these circles all you need is the day of their birth and name.

4. Using little eyelet screws (is that what they're called? I don't know..), attach the date circles directly below the correct month circles in numerical order.
For example: My birthday is March 30th, so I would attach my circle that says 'Jillian 30' under the third 'm' from the left, after any other birthday circles for that month, since mine is at the end of the month.

This is a nice project, because you can not only keep up with upcoming birthdays, but you can always add to it as you need to. Of course, I guess a calendar would do the same thing for you, but it probably wouldn't be quite as cute. ;)

No comments: